In order to see all the available features, we kindly recommend you to visit the demo by clicking on the demo tab above.
secure file distribution
Share your files exclusively with your clients
J!Extranet allows you to share protected information with your users, either clients, business partners or privileged customers.
We provide you a way to control the distribution of files for a targeted group of users. How you'll do that? Simple!
Based on your Joomla user list, we allow you to select only the users you want to become also an extranet user(client). After that, each user will have access only to what you allow them to see.
Total flexibility with different rights over different folders
J!Extranet comprehensive security system allocates access to folders according to each users access profile. You have full control over which folders can be accessed by each user.
J!Extranet also makes use of groups, each group containing a list of users. This allows an easier distribution of files since each group can have access rights over a defined list of folders.
Folder inside folder inside folder....
You can now create an unlimited number of folders and for each of that folders you can add inside him another unlimited number of folders.
And what's the best part in this, you have full control over each folder!
Do you want user John to allow a parent folder and all his subfolders? It's possible! Do you want him to access only a certain subfolder? It's also possible.
That's what's so great about J!Extranet, you can keep it simple or make it complex, it's your choice!
any file, any location
Full control over files
Inside the extranet area you can provide your users any type of file. No file type limitation. It's your choice.
You can even provide them in a safe way (leech protection) with files not hosted on your server. J!Extranet supports external files, all we ask you is to provide us with a direct link to the external file.
Get informed and inform others about changes
Do you need to know who has downloaded this file? Or which files user "John" accessed?
It's easy. J!Extranet allows you to make use of logs (user/file). It's inside the Options!
Or maybe you want your users to be informed when you add a file into a folder?
This is also possible, you just have to define an alert and attach her to the folder where you want to add the file.
Easy to navigate, easy to use
We know how difficult can be sometimes to find where is that file. Your users will never experience it since we took care about that.
J!Extranet comes with a powerful search engine which will search inside your folders, messages or bookmarks. Your user will just type and we'll check if any folder, file or message can be relevant for him.
Of course, only allowed folders, files or messages!
We also provide your users the option to select between 2 ways of displaying the content (list or thumbs).
In case you think is not enough, J!Extranet allows you to create a custom welcome page for each user!
Additional features includes:
- custom upload directory - you can choose where exactly on your server you want to upload your files. The default J!Extranet upload directory is inside the component but you can choose other folder, even outside your public_html folder.
- limited time frame - for each file you can set a "Start Publish" and "End Publish".
- access to all folders - you can set to automatically grant access to all folders for any new user.
- user upload - you can allow your users to upload files into folders and/or upload files only into their personal folder ("My Vault"). You can also choose which user can upload and which cannot.
- alerts for admin and/or user uploads - you can set to receive or to send alerts when the admin or the user will add new files to folders/own folder.
- terms & conditions - before downloading a file the user must agree with your terms and conditions.
- user landing page - you can choose the landing page for your users.
and many more...